Monday, June 14

My First London Show!

 "Treasure" — is an exhibition of the country’s most exciting contemporary jewellery designers & it returned to London Jewellery Week (7–13 June) with a three-day showcase in Bloomsbury. This year I've become a member of the Association of Contemporary Jewellery and was lucky enough to be chosen to participate in their showcase.
There were about 30 designers and each of us got to choose three pieces to exemplify our work.

 
My choices were "Abstracto Shield Necklace" (above) with agate and two of my hammered spinner rings ~ one gold and silver, one oxidised silver (below).
 
The show's preview night went amazingly well with a really high turn out!

And the best possible news of all?? As well as my work being showcased with some of the best independant designers in the UK my Abstracto Necklace SOLD!!! *snoopy dance* & Hoorah for the Red Dot of soldness ;)
Couldn't be more happy with my first "showcase" & it all bodes well for my plan to one day have a stand at one of the Big shows like IJL!
Happy Creating
Nic xx

9 comments:

Gemma said...

Yay! Great news Nic. Your pieces are amazing. Onwards and upwards!
Gemxxx

HollybirdBeads said...

Congrats! I paid the exhibition a visit yesterday - nice to see your lovely pieces amongst such a great variety of other people's work :)

Jo said...

That's brilliant news Nic - congratulations!

Joy Funnell said...

Fab - well done you. All very exciting!!

Joy x

Nicola said...

Thank you - wonderful folks with wonderful supportive comments :)
Big Kisses
Nic xxx

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Wonderful news Nic!!! You have such talent. Congrats on being chosen and the sale. So very happy for you. Watching your star rise now!!!

machi said...

well done! lovely when you get a sale too!! :-)

Catherine Witherell said...

Congratulations Nicola! From what I can see your work is perfect!!!!

Nicola said...

Thanks Catherine :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin